Before Taylor Swift was kinda country and then horribly pop. Before Toby Keith put a boot in anyone's ass. And before Jason Aldean & Florida Georgia Line were doing some form of [weird and awful] rapping in their songs...there was 90's country music. And it was glorious. GLORIOUS, I tell you!
If I were ever to join a band, it would be in celebration of the 1990's and the amazing country music that came out of it. Brooks & Dunn. Garth Brooks. Sawyer Brown. EVERYBODY. I would be a straight up cover band and everybody would adore me. Duh.
My first album would be a self-titled album. Obviously. Because that's how all of the great artists do it. And I would obviously be a GREAT artist. Ha! Oh, what's the name of my band, you ask?
Better Off Red.
And here is the playlist for my first album. Because I know you were curious. And maybe not in this particular order, I'd have to figure that out later.
- Friends in Low Places (Garth Brooks)
- Meet in the Middle (Diamond Rio)
- Prop Me up Beside the Jukebox (Joe Diffie)
- You're Still the One (Shania Twain)
- She's in Love with the Boy (Trisha Yearwood)
- Boot Scootin' Boogie (Brooks & Dunn)
- Should've Been a Cowboy (Toby Keith)
- Just to See You Smile (Tim McGraw)
- Some Girls Do (Sawyer Brown)
- Gone Country (Alan Jackson)
- Life's a Dance (John Michael Montgomery)
- I Like It, I Love It (Tim McGraw)
- God Blessed Texas (Little Texas)
What would your band name be?