If there’s one thing that stays the same in life, it’s change. And we can include the changing of Louis’ height in this sentiment. OMG having a tween boy means that his pants will fit one day, they won’t even button the next, and you buy him another pair and a week later they’re too short. SAVE ME FROM THIS, y’all!! I can’t keep up!
More so than ever, my little man need some new duds. His closet is full of tshirts that are scary-close to all being belly shirts, and we are about to transition into a new season where he might not fit into a single thing he owns. Judy and Megan to the rescue, because they are having another Spring Capsule contest this year! And while I can’t win…I can sure as hell participate.
Let’s do this!!
You can read more about the process and snag yourself a template so you can plan your own capsule and sew-a-long with us HERE.
I’m considering doing this for myself as well — but we will have to see just how quickly I can manage Louis’ new wardrobe. So here’s the “Tween Boy” Capsule plan that I’ve got going on!
As per my usual, I haven’t followed the rules exactly. Who is surprised? I decided to once again make a more “true” capsule, and include the extras and create that lovely sudoku for Lou’s wardrobe. I’ll still be making 9 items, but I’m adding the extras to the imagery because it makes my heart happy to see it all work together. You can see the last capsule that I created for Louis HERE.
I’ll be attempting to only sew with fabrics that I own already….we will see how far that gets me. Ha! And I really want to make it a “nerdy” version — with mostly Star Wars makes, since we are surprising him with a Disney trip this summer. So my goals are fairly specific, but with lots of wiggle room for creativity.
Because it’s still such a transitional period of weather around here, I didn’t want to go full-blown summer. My plan is to create a mix of warm-ish weather clothes. Short sleeves, a jacket for cooler mornings/evenings, both long pants and shorts, and then his added accessories.
Here’s my plan (which is subject to change, of course, haha):
- Baby Bear Joggers, pants length in a grey / charcoal
- Baby Bear Joggers, pants length in a navy / dark blue
- Baby Bear Joggers, shorts length in navy or grey
- Cpt. Comfort Jean Shorts, shorts length in a denim woven
- Jolly Roger Raglan, made to look like R2-D2
- YoHo Henley (fabric from my stash)
- Basic Tee (fabric from my stash)
- Dylan Tee (fabric from my stash)
“EXTRAS” (LAYERS / ACCESSORIES)
- Logan (hacked into a zipper front jacket)
- Baseball Hat (I think I might decorate one to have Mickey Mouse ears for our trip….I haven’t decided.)
- Sunglasses (his new teal/white shades)
- Sunglasses (his Americana ones)
- Rain Boots (always a necessity, we have them already)
- Sandals (we need to order some for his ever growing feet)
- Casual Sneakers (we just bought some new ones this past weekend!)
- Water / Creek Shoes (we have these from last year that should still fit him, I think…..)
Disclosure: As always, you’ll find some affiliate links scattered within my post, which means I receive a small amount of compensation if you end up purchasing something I’ve recommended. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you. Purchasing from my links does not alter the pricing in any way for you, it simply helps feed my sewing, creating and blogging habits. Thank you for your support!